Multiple devices on the same level

This is what I have been able to achieve, you can see 2 linked racks.  the one I can make a rack frame with 3 parts which allows a single name to show but appears as though there is a single module on the second rack.  If I try to give them their own, I only get to see half rack as an option which limits it to 2.  Does that make sense?

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 9.07.52 AM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Dendecko,

There is a known issue where the equipment location is not correctly detected in the 2D rack, if it is right from the center of the rack. We are working on this one. When it is fixed, you should be able to set the equipment widths as shown in your image and have all 3 equipment show up in the 3D rack too.

As a workaround for now, maybe you can put these equipment items in a rack frame?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Dendecko Equipment in rack frames is not shown in the 3D rack mainly because most frames have covers that hide the modules inside. Like @Nikolay Zhelyazkov says above we found a bug concerning individual equipment items placed in a row like you want to. In the 3D rack they all end up on the left. This will be fixed in an upcoming service pack. Also don't forget that you aren't restricted only to the workkflows which ConnectCAD automates. Vectorworks let's you draw pretty much anything.

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 08.23.39.png