OZCAD acquisition

On 7/21/2021 at 2:05 PM, Art V said:

As long as it is not going to be Celine Dion singing My Heart Will Always Go On (from the movie Titanic) we should be ok I guess. 😁

When you listen to this song and listen carefully and realize that the words are really "That the HOT DOG GOES ON!" one may never listen to the song & not hear that line forever!

You are welcome

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 8:57 AM, JuanP said:

@Christiaanyes, that is correct. Free, the plugin will be available through the Partner Browser in the application where users can install the plugin in Vectorworks 2022.

@JMRTo reiterate, no need to upgrade to Designer the plug-in will be available for Architect, Spotlight, and Landmark.

I wouldn't say that we have some new improvements and features in 2022 that will be sharing hopefully soon.

So this will be available to all countries or only to the localized versions of Vectorworks for Australia?

On 7/19/2021 at 7:55 PM, JuanP said:

Some information about Windoor -  “In addition, Vectorworks will acquire well-known plug-ins such as Windoor and AnimationWorks, along with local content and object libraries that are currently only available in Australia and New Zealand. Windoor will become available to Design Series product users outside of these geographies through our Partner Network for version 2022”

Will this include the OzCad railing/fence tool that sends to surface and allows the top rail to be below the top of the uprights?

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

The one that is "Best" depends on what you are doing and what you need.

My understanding is that WinDoor will be distributed with VW2022 (at least in the English versions, I can't say if localized versions will include it or not). Then you will be able to try WinDoor vs VW-Doors and see for yourself which is better for you.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, line-weight said:

it's possible for something worse than VW windows and doors to exist.

Hard to imagine ....

I just wonder about over which time frames such Tools states can exist in VW without

any improvements (Story Level binding ?) while we meanwhile got 250 completely new

features in between.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

My understanding is that WinDoor will be distributed with VW2022 (at least in the English versions, I can't say if localized versions will include it or not)

might be possible, that it will be delivered but not included in any german workspace, seems, that it only does support walls with one component, or at least isn't able to react on more wall components in a more detailed way

On 8/18/2021 at 1:09 PM, Pat Stanford said:

The one that is "Best" depends on what you are doing and what you need.

My understanding is that WinDoor will be distributed with VW2022 (at least in the English versions, I can't say if localized versions will include it or not). Then you will be able to try WinDoor vs VW-Doors and see for yourself which is better for you.

For what I can see, WinDoor is like light years ahead of anything the standard VW Doors and windows ancient tools can offer!!

I'm really hoping this set of tools will be made available for all VW users...

Edited by DBrown
  • 9 months later...

I can vouch for the detailer tool! I use it throughout my architectural 2d detailing. It took some work to familiarise myself with it,  and also to customise it to my own needs, but I now have a good set of styles and detailer symbols that I use a LOT.

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...