Drawing Borders

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The gridlines and the sheet-size-label you are seeing should be in the "NonPlot" class, which is normally hidden. There is a bug in VWA10.5 that caused these to not take on the appropriate class. This bug is a high-priority one that will be fixed in an upcoming maintenance release. In the meantime, you can fix this by editing the symbol definition for your titleblock and setting the class for the gridlines and label to NonPlot, then turning NonPlot to be invisible.

Robert:

When do you expect to issue a maintenance release for this? Also as I have posted previously, will there be a patch for the title block only taking on default text attributes under windows 2000? (One can only have A-garmond or courrier [not sure which it is]text in a scripted title block) This may be a similar problem. I can't use 10.5 because of this glitch.

R:

Thanks for the update. Please let the engineers know we appreciate the fix. Also I would hope you would encourage them to take their time testing! We would all rather wait longer for a stable release, than a buggy one. It costs us the users a whole lot less if it works as touted. Looking forward to the upgrade...

• 2 weeks later...

jnr:

On Robert's behalf I can confirm that the title block text problem is fixed for 10.5.1. The Drawing Border-Arch object is now a "text" object in that you can change the text font using the Text>Font or Text>Format Text... menu commands. When the title block is initially placed on a drawing, the current document text font is used, but this can be changed as described above. Only the font can be changed, not the text style or size.

-------------------------

Tom Urie

Integrated Products

Nemetschek North America