PIO objects not appearing in Worksheet, using Location

See attached image to better understand what I'm describing.  I have on my drawing a PIO that places 4 symbols next to each other, and a Symbol called "Chair", all located within a rectangle called "aaa".  When running a worksheet of all the symbols within the rectangle called "aaa", it is unable to see that the 4 symbols within the PIO.  Can you help me understand what is happening and how to fix it?   Attached is a screenshot for reference and the VW file.

Thank you in advance.  I always appreciate the help I get here.

Dave 

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.38.06 PM.png

Test.vwx

Pat,

I'm not sure I completely understand what your asking.  The PIO retrieves symbols from a symbol file and places them in the correct order within the PIO.  If I eliminate the rectangle "aaa", the worksheet works as expected, but as soon as I use the "Location" criteria, it freaks out.   I makes me wonder if the worksheet is using the coordinates of the insertions points within the PIO, verses their real world coordinates in the drawing.  Not sure, but thank you for looking at it.

Dave

I think the problem is something to do with the LOC using the internal origin and the plug in using the user origin.  Or vis versa.  

If you reset the user origin to the internal origin and at least one point of object aaa covers 0,0 it works!

Don't ask me to explain why. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

hello I'm working on location too 🙂
I would that my reports filter symbol by location and the location name appers in my reports, but I'can't find it ine the database ... 

image.png.fe615e22fa958b981e2af088e4556616.png
can you help me ? 🙂

for the criteria , it's OK 🙂
image.png.e27dcda463e82118a8d172b8b50735aa.png

but where is the location data in the columns ?

image.png.cf1c4b3ab3119597bac972e7d43c21c7.png 

ThanX

image.png

I don't think there is a way to report the (possibly multiple) LOCs that an object is within.

If you can use architectural Spaces, there is a function for GetSpaceNameForObj that might work for what you want.

It might also be possible to create a Worksheet script that would return what you want, but that will depend at least partially on how many different LOCs you will have and if you are willing to have some other identifier (probably a single class or record or field) that identifies all of the LOC objects.