Issue with 3d Orientation of Lights

I'm attempting to yoke up instruments in 3d without messing up the top/plan view of my instruments.  I've attached images of the current appearance of the plot.  Part of my issue is I want the lights to rest next to the pipe not on top of it.  The 3d locus is currently right in the center of the light and I can't seem to figure out what to do otherwise.  

My Goals

1 - to move the lights in plan view to the correct positions which are slightly offset in relation to the pipe.

2 - Maintain the 3d orientation and positioning in relation to the pipes in the 3d view. 

3 - Not create separate drawings for my 3d and 2d build.

Any thoughts or ideas are muchly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 12.06.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 12.06.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 12.07.04 PM.png

While it's not the most elegant solution, one way that I've done this in the past is to create separate symbols based on yoke direction that has the 2D geometry of the symbol offset to appear on one side or the other, but keep the 3D geometry as is.  That way you can use the 3D rotation section of the Lighting Device OIP to set the yoke and have it properly focus either through pan/tilt or by tying it to a Focus Point object.

• Like 1

If you have the Instrument Type in the Lighting Info Record as the same for each symbol, they will count correctly in Lightwright.  Lightwright treats the Instrument Type and Symbol Name as separate data exchange fields, so you can have multiple symbols of the same Instrument Type.  I do this fairly often for different lamp types, so that Source 4s with 575w and 750w will have different symbols (750w with a gray cap and with the correct wattage listed in the Lighting Info Record), but will count correctly in Lightwright.