how can i detach fixtures from trusses (hanging positions)

mkue

Question

Hi All,

this is probably a noob question but it keeps bothering me from time to time and i can´t find an answer to it in the search or anywhere else.

Somewhen lighting fixtures started to get attached automatically to trusses, which is most of the times is a good thing. However, when i want to make the truss shorter for instance and i want to nudge the truss to the center again, the fixtures stay on the truss and i have to select them, nudge them back etc.

I admit i don´t have learned the principles of hanging positions since i don´t need them actually for my mostly conceptual workflow. Most of the times, i just need to place fixtures on the right position and i don´t care about hanging positions and everything related to that. Most of the times i just want to select my trusses indepent of the fixtures and i don´t want the fixtures sticking on the trusses.

Can anybody tell me please how can i deactivate this behaviour or what iam doing wrong here?

TIA

Michael

4 answers to this question

Select the lighting devices you want to detach and run the Manage loads tool form the Rigging Palette. The second mode will allow you to select Lighting devices to be detached. 

You can use the first mode to reattach them when you are done.

You can de-activate the automatic attachment to trusses and other rigging positions from the Loads and Rigging section of Spotlight Preferences.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 2

Thank you very much Sir, this is exactly what i was looking for and i would never have found that in the rigging palette without your help!

However, can i detach/attach several fixtures at once? I followed your advice of selecting the fixtures but when i run the Manage loads tool, i have to click on every single fixture to detach it...

33 minutes ago, markdd said:

Select the lighting devices you want to detach and run the Manage loads tool form the Rigging Palette. The second mode will allow you to select Lighting devices to be detached. 

You can use the first mode to reattach them when you are done.

You can de-activate the automatic attachment to trusses and other rigging positions from the Loads and Rigging section of Spotlight Preferences.

OK after playing around with it, it seems that it is possible to attach several objects at once but one has to detach every single object manually, unless iam doing something wrong here