Sheet Boarders & Title Block

Bob Levin

Ive selected pre-defined Arch D type sheet boarders to begin my drawing. why is there blue lines running both directions and a Diagonal Stamp "Arch D" in the center of the drawing area. How do I turn off the lines (its not page break lines) I unchecked that option already.Thanks someone out there. Bob L

No. The 'Non Plot' class is not active. The 'none' class is active. Ive tried setting up a new drawing over and over again. When I select The predefined style, Sheet Arch D, and run "create standard sheets", the The title block and border come in ok ,but purple/blue lines are there. The lines appear in every sheet no matter what class is active.When I zoom in on the lines, I see they are actually dashed lines spaced evenly 4 vertically and 3 horizontally. They are not guide lines or page break lines.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I've tested this and it is a bug. The original symbol used for the titleblock has these gridlines and sheet name in the NonPlot class, but these classes are not being preserved when the symbol is copied and scaled to the active document. I'll enter it in our bug list. In the meantime, you should enter the symbol and set the class of these elements to NonPlot.

I need to find a faster and easier way to set up the border and title block. What do most people use. predefined style,or simple? Is there any disadvantage in choosing predefined ConDoc ? It seems to work ok and there are no distracting grid lines . I read that this is a parametric where Sheet Arch or ASME are 2D symbols. I thought I remember reading that the issue mgr. wouldn't function properly, when this parametric title block is used. Any thoughts on that. Thanks Bob L

Bob:

Sounds like some software engineer fumbled the sheet setup in 10.5 (I'm assuming that's what you're using). I had to revert to 10.1.2 because of a glitch in the scripted sheets setup (a font problem, but probably related). With any luck it will get fixed in 10.5.2. When it works, the sheet setup is easy to use and title blocks appear as sold or promised. Unfortunately right now, the software is defective. I have had little problem with it until 10.5. Its not you.

Good Afternoon, I was having the same issue with the ARCH D and the grid line in the drawing border. I was able to edit the symbol in the file I was working on (Going to resource browser, editing the symbol - sheet arch, and changing the lines to the non-plot class), However in doing some other editing on the title block symbol I can not get the text fields to text wrap. For example a long project name will not wrap and extend into the drawing area even though the wrap text box is checked on the OI palette when editing the symbol. JNR is this the font problem you mentioned?

Not really. I've never seen word wrap work in the title blocks. Long file names or revsion memos for example don't wrap. It's definitely maddening though, especially on say an A or B size block (disappears off the page). One has to remain brief.

My problem was w2k related. In 10.5,title block fonts default to arialunicode or courrier if you change anything in the title block. You also can't change text size. I am currently working on a 36 sheet set and this is not acceptable. So I reverted back to 10.1.2 where it still works. It does appears to work with XP however. Needless to say, I don't have time to reformat, install XP and all other software because my cad software is defective.

Thanks for the input.It restores my confidence to hear from others that its not me even though I'm new atVW 10.5 I may choose to use the "Drawing Border-Arch" tool in the arch.tool palett. a dialogue box pops up and its easy to enter title block info. would anyone agree this could be another way to go. Hopefully I wouldn't have to enter the duplicate title block info. on every single sheet. This would take more time.I don't know if thats possible. Thanks Bob L.