Unable to move objects with the selection tool

Audrey-Anne

Question

Hello,

Hope this message finds you well.

I have a problem I have never encountered before and I have been using VW for 10 years. I can not seem to move objects with my selection tool in one specific file.

The file is a DWG that I imported in VW2020. When I imported it yesterday, I was able to move things in it just fine. Today, I can select objects but I can not move them on the layer. I opened another VW file that I created previously beside this file and I can move objects easily. I believe that the problem is with the specific file only. All my classes are visible and my selection tool settings look the same in both files.

If you have any tips to trouble shoot this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

3 answers to this question

Can you delete them?

What color are the handles?

Could there be multiple overlapping objects (lines) which make actually selecting the target object difficult

Can you move objects you draw yourself in this file?

There may be some classes that are turned off that are causing the problem

Did the file originate in Revit? - try Modify Ungroup, or Modify>Convert>Convert to Group>Ungroup

I have had a similar problem a few times in VW 2022 . Objects I can move with the Toolbar Modify > Move but I cannot move it with the selection tool. 

Specifically if you import this 2021 Marionette. It can be grabbed easily in 2021 and moved around but when imported into 2022 it doesn't select as an object anymore and you can't move it about. 

I am sure its a newbie thing on my part.