Use one title block for multiple sheet layers with different page sizes.

Is there away to use the same company custom title block for different page sizes? The issue I am having is when I go to add clients logo to the project, I have to do it in each title block that I have made for each page size. What I'm looking to do is add it somewhere once and it fills across all sheet layers with different page sizes. Hope this makes since? Also, in Revit you can select  multiple sheet layers and update a field that pertains to a sheet data across multiple sheets. Is that possible in vwx?

This would depend upon how you have implemented your titleblocks. I our company's instance we have a symbol with editable fields installed by our plugin. We simply edit that symbol and the new logo will appear relative to the symbol's origin. Our pages have different borders depending upon size of page but the actual titleblock size and its orientation remains the same. This fixed symbol size helps when working with other applications such as Bluebeam that look for page numbers and other identifying features based upon location in the document set relative to the page corner or origin.

Like LarryO said, depends on the format of your Title Block. The Title Block Border object has a scaling factor to adjust the overall side of the Title Block to different page sizes, but this is assuming each page size has the same "layout."

If different page sizes have different layouts, you could consider making a Symbol out of the logo image, then placing that symbol in each of the different TBB styles. That 2D symbol can even be scaled/stretched as needed in each layout. Then when it's time to switch graphics, just change the image inside the symbol, and it should update in each of the TBB styles. (I think?)

• Like 2

If you are using the Title Block Border object, you can edit the Style and set pretty much any field to be by either By Style or By Object. By Object means you can change that on a per instance basis. If you set the Title Block Scale to be By Object, that means you can scale the TBB as necessary for different page sizes. I use this to use the same TBB for both 24x36 and 8.5x11 drawings. If you want the text in the TBB to be the same regardless of the paper size, then this will probably not work for you.

In the TBB if you make fields in the Project Data, when you change those items and they are set to By Style, then every instance of the TBB will have those changes applied. Great for things like Project Name and Address. I don't think you can currently paste a graphic in as part of the data as it has to be all text.

I don't think there is a way to make changes to just a subset of TBBs in the drawing. If you really need this functionality the best options probably to create a worksheet database of all the TBBs and make columns with the record.fields you need to handle. There are at least four different record formats (project, sheet, issue, revsion) that are part of the TBB, so you need to find the right fields.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello all,

10 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

I don't think there is a way to make changes to just a subset of TBBs in the drawing. If you really need this functionality the best options probably to create a worksheet database of all the TBBs and make columns with the record.fields you need to handle. There are at least four different record formats (project, sheet, issue, revsion) that are part of the TBB, so you need to find the right fields.

- Actually, this is possible using the Title Block Manager menu command. Open the Title Block Manager, click on Select Sheets to Use button and from the displayed dialog select the layers in which are the Title Block Border objects that you want to edit. Then, after you close the Select sheets to use dialog, any changes that you make before closing the Title Block Manager dialog are applied to the selected sheets only (Except for document wide changes, such as Project Data).

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 3