Filter Worksheets

More of a generic question I suppose, but specifically in ConnectCAD is there a way to filter worksheets, such as when I add a user-data item for 'Owner Furnished' (OFE) or not and want to run a report for a BOM that includes only devices that are not owner furnished to hand off to the contractor?  I can obviously export to Excel and filter there, but would be great to do this in Vectorworks as well not only to simplify workflow, but also to more easily include it on output PDFs.

Thomas

I don't know about ConnectCAD specifically, but VW let's you edit the criteria of a report/database in a worksheet to control what is seen.

In the worksheet make sure the Database Header Row is visible (worksheet View menu, check next to Database Headers).

Right Click in the database row header (ie. 3, not 3.1, 3.2, etc). 

From the Popup menu choose Edit Report of Edit Criteria as necessary. Click the More button to add another criteria. I would guess there is a ConnectCAD field to specify the OFE. Choose Field Value for that field and set it to IS and the value needed. This should give you a worksheet with only the OFE.

Copy the Database Header Row and Paste it in a blank Row. Edit the criteria again and set it to Field Value IS NOT OFE and you should now have a separate list of all the other equipment.

Or paste into a new worksheet to have a completely separate worksheet for OFE and non-OFE.

Or Duplicate the worksheet and then edit the criteria.

HTH.

• Like 1