Instrument Summary text blank

Hi, I am experiencing an issue where the text in an instrument summary is missing when I publish to PDF. I can hit refresh in the OIP and this makes the text reappear and when I republish it is either visible or missing again. Has anyone come across this before?

image.png.35f717ee891d5b2927bd812816a97f0f.pngimage.png.4cb0cfcdd9a186d00707a11ed97d1b40.png

• 4 weeks later...

I figured it out what the issue was.

I have the instrument summary set up in a design layer and use it as a viewport across multiple sheet layers. The instrument summary design layer was the same scale as the other design layers, this case 1:50. The text would appear normal in the sheet layer but when published to PDF it would sometimes *dissapear* and appear as horizontal lines, but when zoomed in the text was just really small. I have now changed the scale of the instrument summary design layer to be 1:1 and this has solved the issue.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DBLD said:

I figured it out what the issue was.

I have the instrument summary set up in a design layer and use it as a viewport across multiple sheet layers. The instrument summary design layer was the same scale as the other design layers, this case 1:50. The text would appear normal in the sheet layer but when published to PDF it would sometimes *dissapear* and appear as horizontal lines, but when zoomed in the text was just really small. I have now changed the scale of the instrument summary design layer to be 1:1 and this has solved the issue.

Is this WAD or other?

This sounds to me as an issue with text and viewports rather than with the Instrument Summary per se. One way to test would be to make a copy of the file and converting the IS to a group. If you still have the PDF issue, it's a viewport bug. Similarly, if you insert a callout on the design layer with the exact same text settings, that would point to an issue with PIO's and text.

I  know a number of users who use the IS this way, so I suspect the issue specifically affects the font you are using.

That said, FYI, you can place the Summary directly on the sheet layer, using the scale parameter to set the scale. If you want the summary synchronize across multiple sheets, make it a symbol, or add it yo your Title Block Border layout. I prefer avoiding placing any objects used purely for annotations or keys on design layers, as they are outside the "world" of the design.

• Like 1

Thanks JBenghiat for the tips. I will try converting the IS to a group and see if that affects things.

Good tip about making the IS a symbol, I hadn't even considered it.

In terms of font issues, I have tried with numerous fonts and get the same issue. The strange thing is it doesn't happen all the time, but once it happens once in a document it continues to happen.