Site measuring tools

• 9 months later...

I have the same question, did you do anything about using Moasure. I am especially interested in how VW would deal with measures and how useful its information would be for making existing grades. 

• 1 month later...

I did not do anything about Moasure.  There seem to be systems popping up daily.  I did buy a Bosh laser tape measure.  Gotta say its pretty awesome.  Tough when measuring down a straight wall.  You'll need to make a target.  Mine is my note book jammed into what ever I can find.  My understanding, talking to some civil engineering friends, is that I'm way behind the times when it comes to site measurements.  

I use a regular laser measure. Aiming at the target can be a pain, especially when there are things like furniture or foliage in the way.

And it's not much good for outdoors measurements on a sunny day.

And while it can give me very accurate straight-line measurements it won't give you relative elevation heights. Those always have to worked out after the event.

I can see the attraction of the device in the OP. Presumably these types of things are going to become gradually cheaper and more commonplace.