Customize Redline tool?

willy

Actually, I should have indicated the "redline auditor." I'd like to get more automation into the process of backchecking drawings. Examples of things I would like to check:

Check opening for header callout,

Check beams for incorrect camber (outside certain limits),

Verify all details are called out somewhere (flag all unreferenced details, flag all callouts w/o details.),

Check footing top elevation with slab bottom elevation and flag conflict.

For many of these things, I would need to define object characteristics that could be checked with a list of standard error conditions. I've been thinking about doing it with PIO and Vectorscripts, but I was curious about how the redline auditor was implemented, and whether it could be given a set of customizing conditions.

--Willy

[Cool]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is a good question. Currently, the Redline Auditor has its "rules" for checking hard-coded. We've internally talked about the possibility of a version that has user-definable rules, but you're the first user to ask for same. At least in recent history. Looking at your particular request, it would require a very sophisticated rule-writer to accommodate the kinds of things you are asking. I'm not saying it's not possible, just that we tend to pursue hotly requested wish-list items.

My wish-list would include some level of customization for the redline auditor. I've been a user since MiniCAD 4, so I have seen early incremental improvements result in some awesome tools that noone imagined by VW 10. Some of the things I would like to check might be easy for me, once a little capability is available. It would be a lot harder to tell you how to implement specific tests.

Give it some consideration. Thanks!

--Willy

[Cool]