Object Info Palette blank

DBLD

Question

Hi,

I am having an issue where the Object Info Palette is blank. When I select an object the shape tab of the OIP doesn't show anything, the data and render tabs display as expected.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers,
Dan

17 answers to this question

I am on version 2021 SP3, and on Windows 10. Occasionally moving the window fixes it but not very often.

It was originally a problem in on file but now it is happening in another. Yesterday I tried uninstalling Vectorworks and reinstalling but it didn't help.

No idea what is happening. I asked about versions because I think there is an interaction between VW2019 and Win10 that causes similar symptoms.

First thing I would try is go to VW Preferences and click the Reset button at the bottom left. 

The next thing I would try would be to rename you user folder and restart VW. A new user folder will be created. If there is corruption in the user folder that is causing the problem then you should be OK. You may have to re-enter your serial number.

After that I would check your system preferences (I am a Mac guy, so I can't help on how to do this in Win) and delete anything with Vectorworks or Nemetschek in the name. You will almost certainly have to re-enter you serial number after this step.

Good luck.  Write back if you need more help.

I've had some issues with VW2021 showing only "No Selection" in the OIP when I first open a drawing, but it rights itself if I change my active layer.  So when it happens, I just do the Ctrl+up and Ctrl+down and continue with the drawing.  I have not run into this yet in SP4, however, so maybe that particular issue has been fixed.

This was happening on SP3, I have just installed SP4 so haven't had a chance to get stuck into it yet.

One thing I found though was swapping from multiple view panes to one view pane seemed to fix the issue. It was working and I had to get something finished so I didn't do any more testing but will do soon.

This is happening to me too. I've deleted my user preferences file, reinstalled vectorworks and it's still happening!

Also when i press cmd-Z I lose all my work up to when i opened the file! This has lost me hours of work as teh backups are not always working either!!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I see this very rarely – usually when Vw has been open for a long time (days) and I just sleep the computer each night. One thing that nearly always fixes it in my case is to draw something like a rectangle from scratch. Once done, I delete it and can then select the object I want. Might be worth a try?