Win2K v 10.5 Font Issues

PBA

We have just upgraded to 10.5 architect.

We have a problem with plotting from the Win2k machines as follows (note no problems with XP):

1. Black Arial Narrow text appears as white text over solid black background (this applies to standard text and that within symbols).

2. Dashed line types change to standard lines.

10 PCs- Windows 2K + XP pro PCs

P3 766- P4 2.3

256- 512 RAM

Plotter- HP 750C Plus with HPGL 4.63 driver

Standard drawing font- Arial Narrow.

The fault is intermittent. Typically the first print will fail. The next print is usually perfect but not always.

On the failed prints, some text and line types (approx.10 percent) print normally. Line weights however have always changed to 0.10 on these failed prints.

Please help.

PBA:

I had very similar problems with W2K and 10.5. I use scripted sheets and my standard text is Arial or Arial Narrow. Arial and Arial Narrow displayed and printed properly except for the title block PIO, which reverted to Garmond or Courier if one modified the PIO in any way. I unistalled 10.5 and reverted to 10.1.2 as I had already lost four billable days diagnosing another Vectorworks bug and could not afford to spend any more money on product testing for the company. I might suggest doing the same until 10.5.2.