Door object problem with existing file opened in 10.5

P Retondo

When I create a door in a fresh file in v10.5, things look fine. When I open an existing project in 10.5, all my doors and windows contain lines across the walls at the outer edges of the trim. This used to be an occasional problem on one side of a door or window - now it occurs on both sides.

If I insert a new door in one of these walls, the object looks fine. How can I get my existing doors and windows to display correctly? I've tried running the "convert to v2 objects" utility, but that has no effect.

I'm happy that the tool was apparently fixed in version 10.5, but can you issue a fix for all the legacy doors and windows I am now stuck with, which display worse than they did before I upgraded?

Sending sample file to bugsubmit.

Gunther from NNA emailed me an answer to this problem. There is a setting in the PIO calling for "break with or without caps." This file was originally created in VW 9.5, and the default setting was "Full break WITH caps." The new default is "WITHOUT caps," and by changing the setting for these windows the lines disappear.

[ 09-24-2003, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]