Way to Purge Unused Referenced Files from navigation tab?

designit

Question

is there a way to purge unused references out of a file.  For instance, we have a file which we have been using for a project which has run over many years.  There have been many referenced in images on the sheet spaces, but the sheets have become irrelevant over time and deleted.  However, i still have a huge list of referenced files, which i am sure appear no where and would like to remove.  the problem is there are probably over 100 of them and i can not be sure they don't appear.  is there a way of deleting from the list the file names where the actual reference has been deleted. 

if not is there a way of clicking on a referenced file name and finding where the information/View port is within the file so i can determine if it is actually used?

3 answers to this question

Reference vps will be design layer viewports rather than sheet layer viewports. In the viewports tab an icon to the right of the vp indicates what sort of vp it is. So you can see which vps are dlvps. You could go through them and see ref files are used and which aren’t.

This won’t help if you have referenced resources however.