Solid modeling / Shelled Object / 3D printing issues

The solid modeling objects I've created in Vectorworks cannot be printed in 3D. Form Labs and other 3D printing companies say the files created in VW appear to be a shell only without a solid interior. I sent an OBJ and an STL file to Form Labs and they said the models need to be converted in another program in order to be 3D printed.

VW Tech says they are sure the files can be converted in other software programs that will "fill" the objects and allow them to be 3D printed. They've seen it done, but they are not able to tell me which program to export the files to. 

Can anyone in the forum recommend a program or service that can convert files for me? Thank you -Everett

In the first picture you will see the VW screen shot of the solid modeling object created in VW. 

1991520815_Image6-28-21at3_00PM.thumb.jpg.cccdb1453d4c0a85f0a76a48237249ba.jpg

In this screen shot you will see the same object with the clip cube enabled. Basically showing a hollow or shelled object.

1066373762_Image6-28-21at3_02PM.thumb.jpg.a9c257e62b6f2b293cf2596f269ecc47.jpg

in this picture you will see the conversion software picture generated by Form Labs. They say the walls are not thick enough to print. More they are only a representation of walls or a shelled surface.

482903495_ScreenShot2021-06-28at1_39_12PM.thumb.png.f7aff883951e894fe678e72f97679e1f.png

VW Tech says the files can be converted in other software programs that will "fill" the objects and allow them to be 3D printed. VW is not able to tell me which program to export to. 

Can anyone in the forum recommend a program or service that can convert the files for me? Thank you -Everett

I have noted the same thing. The problem I have had is when working with some self generated objects, in this case a group of meshes, that I converted into solids. I'm also absolutely sure that they form a real closed shape. If you however perform a solid subtraction, you can see that the shape does not close (as in you bottom picture), and that's why it doesn't work. Been experimenting with adding closing patches where it's open, convening the parts to meshes and then adding them as solids, but I'm not sure how well it actually works. One thing that you can do to validate if you got a truly closed volume is to calculate the volume. If the result make sense, not being way too big or small, it may actually be valid. Converting to Generic solids may also indicate if you have a truly closed shape. 

Converting the object to a generic solid unfortunately did not work. I tried it at several different layers and most attempts failed. My next step is to find another software program to export to which can convert the item to a solid. If anyone out there has Solid works, ZBrush or Mesh Mixer, all of these have been suggested by the 3D printing folks. I just need a connection to someone that has the software if possible. 

Thanks for any suggestions -Everett