Selected objects on different layers - Normal Behaviour

Ross McLee

Question

Hi,

Still learning VW... I wanted to check to see if the behaviour I am seeing is normal.

I have a multi layer drawing. Active layer = A (grey snap others)

I have multiple instances of a speaker type object and wanted to edit the properties of all of them on the current layer. I have a simple script (created via the custom selection tool)

• SelectObj(INSYMBOL & (PON='Speaker'));

Running it selects all objects as expected.

I make my edits and do some other stuff for half an hour...

On changing view (saved view recall) I change to a different active later to find that all the speaker objects on that layer are still selected.

I realise that I didn't specify on active layer only in my script, but think it was odd that despite making all sorts of other edits, deselecting and selecting other objects and changing tools etc, the selection remains in the background.

Is this normal behaviour?

Cheers,

R

4 answers to this question

It’s definitely odd behaviour and doesn’t seem entirely logical considering that you were only able to edit the objects on the visible layer. 

Why not file it as a bug? It’s this kind of quirkiness that often doesn’t get picked up and I am sure the engineers would be keen to correct it. 

• Like 1