Landscape Area Alignment Problem

Poot

Hi Everyone,

I am having a strange issue where a landscape area is not snapping to the surface despite being within the site boundary and having all the correct settings (identical to all surrounding landscape areas which work just fine....) 

image.thumb.png.4e556d29358382b7f47a79280394386f.png

I have tried offsetting the geometry for the landscape area 1-2cm from the site boundary since this sometimes causes problems, but unless I offset about 10cm it doesnt snap up to the surface.

image.thumb.png.a608feff3ff415d1dee4d484c31c6803.png

image.thumb.png.f6e789372e67043ec63a12ec4adc5eb7.png

Despite the offset, I get these site modifier conflict messages:

image.thumb.png.de62ba050cd1e3a7d4fdde2cd91124f9.png

There is probably something simple I am missing here....but I cant think why all of the other landscape areas work fine with the same settings, but not this particular piece.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!  I've attached a file so you can see for yourselves 😉

Test 3.vwx

Edited by Poot

When I look at the problem area in Top view, Orthangonal, I see that your site model does not actually extend out beyond the path of the landscape area. Even though your site model crop extends beyond the landscape area path, you don't have enough site model source data. I believe that if you extend the source data beyond the landscape area path, the landscape area will work as expected.

image.thumb.png.c5ecc65028d36a9150bddc9bf7b47dc5.png

• Like 3

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the pointer!

It does seem that I did not have enough stake points along the curved section and this was causing the conflict as you pointed out since the landscape area went beyond the heights extrapolated between stake object I used to make the model.

I have been trying to figure out a good way to create the site model along curved geometries, but it doesn't seem like you can include contours & grade-network objects as site model data, or that it works very well to use nurbs since there are also so many vertices.

I didn't realise that you can set source data for the site model outside the boundary. Does this seem like a good method for avoiding this type of problem along curved edges of site models?

image.png.c241d289f3ec34e9aba35bf26b3cf200.png