Vectorworks Scripts

RajendraDeshpande

Question

4 answers to this question

The most important tool you will need is the Function Reference.  This is included in every installation of Vectorworks as an HTML file.  I'm not sure where it is stored on the Mac version, but on Windows it can be found in C:\Program Files\Vectorworks <version number>\VWHelp\Script Reference\ScriptFunctionReference.html.  This will include all of the needed functions for both Vectorscript and Python and includes some examples.  There is also an online version on the Vectorworks Developer wiki that is slightly clunkier to navigate but sometimes has extra notes and examples.

In terms of the overall syntax for Vectorscript, it used to be included in the main help but was removed sometime around 2016 or so.  I have attached an older version to this post.  It's old, but Vectorscript hasn't exactly changed much, so nearly all of it is still very relevant.  As far as I know, there is no similar reference for Python, but there's a ton of information on Python around the internet.

Otherwise if you have more specific questions, posting them to the Vectorscript and Python pages of this forum will likely get them answered pretty quickly.

VectorScript_LanguageGuide.pdf