Page/Printer Set Up Bug

Our standard page setup is to draw at A1 but print to A3 so in our Printer setup we scale by 50%:

image.thumb.png.fe9d7d027ad7f2f40bf77e4f8436b0af.png

Our standard text size is 14 point. 

We have noticed that when a dimension style is set up to use a 14pt text style the dimensions come in with the text at 28pt even though the OIP says it is using the 14pt style:

image.thumb.png.1a5baf12c2d9aaea418219b1e8fb277e.png

If, in the OIP, we change the drawn dimension's text style to unstyled then back to the 14pt style the text size corrects to the 14pt size it should be using. This is clearly a bug.

Is this one of the reasons we don't use text styles?! I can't think of a decent workaround for this one.

If we change the printer scaling to 100% then this issue goes away.

I am guessing this may be just an issue for PC's.

Edited by Boh
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I would recommend publishing/exporting as a PDF and print to whatever scale factor you need from your PDF reader.  Another reason I do this is because PDF's are also used for sets sent to the print service and for archives.  Using PDF for everything helps ensure what you print looks the same as what the print service prints.

Doing things this way allows you to keep your page setup set to A1 at 100%.

Thx Matt. We actually typically print to PDF already. I’ll try doing what you suggest though.

Still, it is a bug though. A related issue is with the scaling of locally mapped hatches. I often have to scale them to 0.5 to get them to look the way they are supposed to.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
17 hours ago, Boh said:

Still, it is a bug though.

Yes.  This is a known issue: 

VB-175894 Question: Text size in dimensions when changing scaling on Page Setup.

17 hours ago, Boh said:

A related issue is with the scaling of locally mapped hatches. I often have to scale them to 0.5 to get them to look the way they are supposed to.

Another known issue:

VB-119936 "Page Setup Settings" change the size of a hatch

I added a link to this thread in both bug reports to give them a nudge.

• Like 1