Shortcut for toggle active Plane

This problem occus mainly with the move by points tool:

Although I'm almost permanentely working in 3D, I use screen plane a lot. I very often have objects are already correctly oriented in the 3D world, and they only need to be moved in top, front, or sideview.

So the quickest way to achieve that, is to move the object in screen plane in the corresponding view. Before that and after that I'm mostly moving things around in 3D on layer plane.

This workflow leads to the problem that every 4th or 5th click is changing the layer plane mode from layer to screen plane and vice versa.

Maybe my workflow is completely wrong, but at this point I always wish that there is a shortcut for toggeling Layer/Screenplane mode with my left hand on the keyboard while drawing with the right hand, and not being forced to click the drop down box with the right hand mouse every 5 seconds.

This is not a question of automatic plane mode. Automatic plane mode works fine with all planar tools, the problem occurs when plane/layer mode ist intentionally changed to get either the result to move from screenpoint to screenpoint or to move from layerplanepoint to layerplanepoint.

Hope that someone can follow me, and looking forward to all comments. 😃

Edited by halfcoupler
  • Like 1