@_leorus Hopefully one of the architecture gurus will weigh in here.

I believe you would have to create your slanted wall using a wall recess, basically a 3d extrusion that removes that portion from a wall.  Then you would have to configure your windows with an offset to land in the correct location.  Unfortunately, curtain walls will not take a wall recess, so this would have to be manually modeled.  Perhaps there is a better way, but that's how I would address it.

657839973_ScreenShot2021-06-20at11_07_49AM.thumb.png.ceaa5889d9086ea12e8b9aa6dbde3e4a.png

Nice workaround Jeff, but that would not help with wall layers (or you have to repeat this multiple times?).

_Lerous, you can see at the Roadmap more complex wall shapes are being worked on. It's part of the development and research page. I guess VW 2022 or 2023 wil have slanted walls. The wall tool need some development work to be at same level as other software. Give it some time. No real solution for now though..

Edited by MarcelP102

Several of us have been down this road before.....There are a few workarounds to achieve this......none of which are very friendly.

I posted some stuff about this last year....it may give you some ideas, but it also may confuse the hell out of you 🙂

Read through some of the thread dialogue.

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/59350-ability-to-place-doors-and-windows-in-angled-walls/#comment-355499

• Like 1

The 'Create Wall Recess...' command is not great for when you want to apply the subtraction to the full length of a wall. An alternative would be to create a Wall Hole Component symbol to subtract the required material from the inside + outside faces of the wall. See this thread for more info:

However like @MarcelP102 said, both of these methods fall down when your wall includes components. Here's hoping improvements to wall functionality come soon... 

1 hour ago, MarcelP102 said:

Nice workaround Jeff, but that would not help with wall layers (or you have to repeat this multiple times?).

_Lerous, you can see at the Roadmap more complex wall shapes are being worked on. It's part of the development and research page. I guess VW 2022 or 2023 wil have slanted walls. The wall tool need some development work to be at same level as other software. Give it some time. No real solution for now though..

That wasn't a criteria of the OP's question.  They simply asked for slanted walls.

Other than making it with solid or surface modeling tools, how would you get today's Vectorworks Wall tool to perform as depicted?

We can't all hold our collective breaths for Vectorworks to come up with tools for the job.

Many have tapped out waiting for stacked wall components, an improved stair tool, and proper skylights to name a few 🙂

• Like 1

Yeah you are right it wasn't in the OP. But I wanted to save him some feature frustration 😉 I'm also desperately waiting for stacked wall. But seeing it in the roadmap is positive, right. But indeed, we can't wait forever. 

Edited by MarcelP102
  • Like 1

You can also use a Slab + give it a slope using Slab Drainage tool, then use 'Subtract 3D Object From Slab' to square-off top + bot edges + use 'Add 3D Object to Slab' to insert doors/windows. But you can only achieve a max 45 deg slope so of limited use. What a lot of faff for something really simple

287609160_Screenshot2021-06-21at10_16_51.thumb.png.09217aa5cbebab0bd43ee53c829f1e9d.png

757263525_Screenshot2021-06-21at10_17_07.thumb.png.693b6802e41ee5939afb07c80f3eae53.png

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 8:26 AM, shorter said:

Have you tried using a roof object for any wall that is not vertical. This will give you components.  Won’t work for curtain wall and is a pain where Windows and Doors are concerned but one hopes you don’t have many inclined walls.

I didn't, eventually I've modeled the wall and curtain wall manually. 

• Like 1