All Text changed Font for no reason

Vectorworks 13 on Windows 10

I've been working on a set of residential drawings for almost 3 months, and am almost finished. But when I opened the Recent File I noticed that all the text had changed from "Graphite Standard" to "Arial". In the Object Info box, the font name still shows as Graphite. But it acts as-if that font is no longer available. Any new text is drawn in Arial, even though Graphite is selected. So I checked the Windows Fonts list, and it seems OK there. Then I used the font in a world processing app, and it works properly. I closed the file and reopened it, but no change. Finally, I opened an older version of the same file and it has the same font substitution. I don't get any "font substitution" error message. And there's nothing under the Text heading to fix the problem.

The drawing is perfectly legible with Arial, but  location and spacing is a little off. And the architect I'm working for prefers a hand-drawn font. Any suggestions to force VW to use the selected font will be appreciated. Meanwhile, I'm just hoping when I open the file tomorrow, it will have remembered where the font is stashed. Please don't tell me use a Mac -- it's much too late for that. 🙂

Pat

Thanks for the suggestion. It was a good idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The Options/Preferences/Display/Edit Font Mappings doesn't have the option to change from Arial to Graphite. Graphite is in the "to" list, but Arial is not in the "from" list.

In any case, the Font name in Object Info is correct. But the font displayed is wrong. So VW knows what it's supposed to be, but doesn't use the chosen font. I can write some text with Graphite as the chosen font, and it displays as Arial. If I then select the text and go to Text menu, then select Graphite, nothing happens. I can change the text to anything, except Graphite.

So VW must think that font is corrupted. Yet my word processor doesn't have a problem with it. I'll try to reinstall the font, and see what happens.

PS__I downloaded and reinstalled the font, and now VW does recognize it.  But I don't know why my word processor had no problem with that font. The problem must have been something subtle.

Edited by JHEarcht3