Custom Data Tags

A couple of Data Tag Field questions.

Hardscape Tag:

I wanted to add 'material' to my 'Name' and 'Area' hardscape tags

Any thoughts on how I could extract this? - not necessarily the VW Material - but maybe the 'name' of the  top component of a hardscape slab.

Wall Tag:

I wanted to make a tag that would call out the 'name' and 'material' of tagged wall objects.

"Wall" objects do not come up in the 'object parameters' list as an 'object in document'.

I grabbed one of the premade wall data tags, but they arren't pulling from wall object, but from IFC Entities. I couldn't find anything connecting the wall objects 'Name' in the 'IFC Entity/IfcWallStandardCase' dropdown.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @hollister design Studio,

As of VW 2021, here is what you can do:

1) For hardscape material, you can use the ifcSlab.Material IFC data to get information about the hardscape's component names.

2) As for wall, they are not listed in the "Objects in document" list as they are not parametric objects, meaning, they do not have parameters. So, for them we are using the IFC information. For the name, you can use IfcWallStandardCase name or if you want the actual object name, you can use the object function Object Name, which gives the name of the object as shown in the OIP. As for materials, you can again use the Material pset, but you might have to manually enter the values there or make a mapping in the Data Manager that automatically enters this for you.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1