GIS Image scale query

JazzLX

Hi all!

I'm working on CAD for festival site and we are attempting to use georeferencing on the drawing. We have two known GPS locations for stakes.

The trouble I'm having is that the GIS image is far bigger than the rest of the drawing geometry and I'm not sure why. The GIS stakes appear in the correct place relative to the GIS image, but for the life of me I can't figure out why the rest of the drawing isn't scaled correctly.

I'm an entertainment user predominantly, so this is all kind of new to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks! 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

you most likely used WGS84 as a coordinate system this can skew the image due to regional location. It would be better to use a specific local coordinate system such as in the US (state)NAD 83 HARN. Just find your local system and change to that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@bgoff That's exactly what it was, it used WSGS84 as the default. Superstar, thank you!

Also kicking myself as that's one of the first things, I now recall, in the Vectorworks University segment. My excuse, rather than being dumb, was that there was so much to take in! I'm sticking to it... 😄

The site is still under certain restrictions as to the sharing of images, so I was hoping that somebody would spitball something that worked before going to the dept heads to get clearance to post any further info - otherwise I would have, and usually do, post up more! Thanks guys!

Stay safe!!

@jeff prince

• Like 2