Grid Lines

b303lmr

Question

A fairly simple query I hope.

Is it possible to have a different shoulder length in different viewports for the same grid line?

For example - on a 1:5 detail I want a different shoulder length when compared to a 1:50 GA plan as the grid line marker doesn't need to be so far away from the drawing at the smaller scale.

I have tried just changing the shoulder length in the dialogue box, and it appears to work for a period of time, but when I reopen the drawing it has always reset - it has definitely made me question my sanity on occasion!

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is a known issue (bug VB-177237) and I added your post to the bug report.

In the meantime, have you tried creating a different Grid Line Style for larger scale drawings and applying that style to the Grid Lines in those viewports?  Each Grid Line instance in a viewport's annotations can have a different Style than the defining Grid Line on the design layer.

• Like 4
On 6/12/2021 at 4:18 AM, Matt Panzer said:

This is a known issue (bug VB-177237) and I added your post to the bug report.

In the meantime, have you tried creating a different Grid Line Style for larger scale drawings and applying that style to the Grid Lines in those viewports?  Each Grid Line instance in a viewport's annotations can have a different Style than the defining Grid Line on the design layer.

Thanks so much Matt, I've made a secondary style for the details and it seems to be working.