Computer performance

Hi,

Im not really familiar with Vectorworks or ConnectCad, so im probably doing something wrong in the setup of my drawings. But Some ConnectCad drawings are really heavy on my PC's. 

Im using:

i7-7700 With 16Gb memory gtx1600 NVME ssd

&

i7-11965 with 24GB memory Iris with NVME ssd

Both are strugeling with one particular drawing, but after a while with all of them. If i look at my memory, i see that 14Gb is used, and de 11965 processor is running at 28% at 4,20Ghz. This is way to much for just a simpel cabling diagram. In the near future i have to make some more complex ones, so i really want to know what is going wrong. 

After an check of the drawing, almost evertything comes out wrong, the whole screen is filled with orange and red lines.

Here is the drawing and some screenshots. Hope someone can see whats wrong. 

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8c5dbef39af71b4ca2d687208eb05ed120210611112303/17dd73ccd777877265b2f8589c4f67bf20210611112339/39e5d1

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @BeamerBob,

I will start with the check drawing issues first. When you run Check Drawing, in the dialog you can select for what errors to check and with what color to draw the markup for these errors. Having this in mind, it should be easy to track down what the issues are. I have checked your fine and there seem to be multiple devices with the same name - "CAPTURE-HDMI_", "CAM-HDMI_", "Network", "Power". In ConnectCAD this is not allowed, except for jackfields, termination panels and connector pannels. If you give unique names to these devices you should not see these errors from Check Drawing. There are also some errors for incorrect signals, which is caused by connecting from USB2 to USB3, since check drawing is currently checking for exactly the same signal.

As for the performance, I am not seeing any issues. Can you verify in the task manager that VW is using these resources? If so, can you make a screen recording, starting from the start of VW and then working in the file and showing the performance problems and the resources usage in the task manager?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 3 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Just to add a note here. ConnectCAD allows you to have two devices with the same name on your schematic BUT, it thinks you are talking about the same device. If these two devices have two sockets with the same name ('cos you duplicated the for example) then that's registered as an error. Why? well think how confusing the cable list will be when the installer sees the same device and socket names with two cables going to the same connector!

ConnectCAD isn't a policeman. And you can break the rules if you like - just remember to fix the naming before you go.

Regarding performance interesting to see if we can reproduce that.

Conrad