Custom Title Block Bugs

Hello,

I have created a pair (one landscape, and one portrait; tabloid sized) of title blocks for our company based on some tutorials found online. Everything seems to be working in the creation file itself, and it imports great into a new file. The bugs seem to come when I try to add the title block into an existing drawing: 

- When I import the landscape title block only the border is visible. I am able to enter the OIP and imput title block data, but no title block is visible. I have checked to be sure there aren't any classes hidden and the "activate title block" is checked.

- My current work around is to do a copy and paste into the working file, and while this is functional, the title block scale is slightly off and I have to fuss with the scale factor.

- Interestingly, the portrait version seems to import just fine.

- Is there a setting in the root file I have missed or a setting in the working file?

Many thanks in advance.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @DominicManca,

Thanks for the demo and the file. I think that the problem here is simple. You have not set your Title Block Graphics to be By Style in your Landscape Style. That is why when you use the style in another file, it comes without Title Block. In order to fix this, edit the style and click on the button that I have highlighted in the image below.

image.png

This should fix the problem.

One important note. I saw that you selected to replace Project data when you got the resource import conflict dialog. As you have noticed, there is an alert saying that this is not recommended. That is why I advice you to better select the Merge option, so that you do not lose any data.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 minutes ago, DominicManca said:

Success! Thank you. 

Last question, I noticed that my border line colour changed to the default black when bringing into a new file, is there a way to lock this as well?

Thank you.

Dominic

- The border line colour is controlled by the Attributes Palette. I do not think that you can lock this. I suppose that what you can do is to set up the default attributes to match the ones that you want to have for the newly created objects. This could be done by deselecting everything and then changing the attributes, this way the default attributes will be changed.