Object info palette bug?

mpwilliams

Question

Hey all,

This is a bit of a weird one, maybe I'm missing something obvious though:

In the file I am working on I've added some lighting instruments, when I select a single instrument the object info palette shows "<Multiple Values> for almost every field, except position oddly.  Changing the field and pressing enter doesn't seem to change anything, though pressing edit and going into the lighting device popup the changes do seem to track through to this page.

Additionally: when selecting multiple lighting instruments the object info palette shows either "No Selection" or "Lighting Device" (the difference between those two is whether I use click drag selection or single shift click selection) instead of its usual "# Lighting Devices" and the "<Multiple Values>" issue is still present.  I'm also noticing that the label legend does not seem to be working in this file either.

Other types of object such as hanging positions seem to be working normally in the object info palette.

My other files seem to be behaving as normal in Vectorworks 2021 with an educational license, just this particular file that seems to be giving me trouble which makes me think I've done something wrong, I just can't figure what.

I've uploaded the file in case you want to poke around and see.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Mark

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 1.57.36 PM.png

PAT Rep Drawing.vwx

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

Hi there, did you have any luck fixing this issue? I am also having this exact problem and I really have no idea what to do.

I'm also having trouble with the vectorworks->Lightwright exchange and I wonder if those are related. Did you have any issues with the data transfer? 

Any information you have would be appreciated!

Allie

• Like 1
On 6/8/2021 at 2:20 PM, mpwilliams said:

In the file I am working on I've added some lighting instruments, when I select a single instrument the object info palette shows "<Multiple Values> for almost every field, except position oddly.  Changing the field and pressing enter doesn't seem to change anything, though pressing edit and going into the lighting device popup the changes do seem to track through to this page.

I too have seen this in 2021. I shut down the file, restarted machine, re-opened VWX21 & it has seemed to have disappeared for now.