Understanding Spread and Height...please ignore previous posting.

Further to my previous posting (in fact you could ignore it. I have completed further analysis and now believe I have worked out the behavior of the Spread and Height attributes, it would be greatly appreciated if you could confirm or otherwise my findings.

Set Default Plant Tool dialog

---------------------------------------

The spread indicates the size of the symbol on the screen.

This is the same spread that is shown on the Shape and Data tabs of the Obj. Info. pane. i.e. change this value on the Shape tab and the object size changes on the screen.

(NOTE: doesn't change size when you alter the value on the Data tab)

Define Plant dialog

--------------------------

The height shown here is also indicated as the Height value on the Data tab of the Obj. Info. pane.

Change this value and heights change for ALL plants already placed.

For the spread on this dialog, all I have determined is that the value has no connection with the spread on the Set Default Plant Tool dialog.

The Worksheet

---------------------

When reporting in the worksheet on spread and height I get the following.

='Plant Record'.Height This is the height shown on the Define Plant dialog.

='Plant Record'.Spread This is the spread shown on the Set Default Plant Tool dialog.

I would like to use the Height and Spread from the Define Plant dialog as indicative mature sizes for the plant. I am able to get the Height reported correctly, but not the spread.

How can I report on this Spread?

Have I discovered a bug? [Confused]

• 1 month later...

in regards to the relation between the 'define plant dialog' "spread" and the 'set default plant tool' "spread", i have noticed that the value entered in the 'define plant dialog'window (something that is required) will occasionally show up when selecting the plant from the 'set default plant tool' window. however this is not 100% accurate. it seems that the 'set default plant tool' window wants to draw information from the 'define plant dialog' window but has trouble doing so.