data tags

Follow up question, I want to tag my curtain walls with incremental numbers, so CW1, CW2 etc. I see where I can define the tag field but so far I can only get the tag to read

CW11 CW12. Its as if the CW1 is the designation of the curtain wall type and I've just added an incremental value to it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @mattryan,

14 hours ago, mattryan said:

Is it possible to have the data tag that I apply  to an object in plan view appear as well in elevation or section automatically?

- I do not think so. The Data Tags are regular objects which belong to a plane. If they are in the top/plan plane, they will not be visible in elevations and sections. however, you can add Data Tags in the annotations of the viewports defining these elevations/section which will show the same information.

13 hours ago, mattryan said:

Follow up question, I want to tag my curtain walls with incremental numbers, so CW1, CW2 etc. I see where I can define the tag field but so far I can only get the tag to read

CW11 CW12. Its as if the CW1 is the designation of the curtain wall type and I've just added an incremental value to it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

- A test file would be helpful in this case, so that I can see what is going on. Can you attach one here or send it to me via PM?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov