Pasts Description in Interiorcad. Stephan Moenninghoff

Hi Group,

I apologize for duplicated posts, I am having a tough time figuring out how to navigate to here, wow. Anyway, my question is when I generate a Board List of a cabinet, I used to get proper descriptions, such as sides, stretchers etc. in previous versions if iCad. Now in 21 I'm getting Custom Part in the description box. Is there a setting or way to have part names assigned properly? 

Also, I want to round up to 1mm. I'm getting measurements of 69.3mm etc. Where can I do this.

Thank you.

John

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 hours ago, jgmrussell said:

Now in 21 I'm getting Custom Part in the description box. Is there a setting or way to have part names assigned properly? 

If it's a cabinet object, parts are named automatically. Like you said: side, stretcher etc. 

If it's a custom part, you can assign a custom name via the "construction" button in the OIP. (We had a bug where any new name did not take properly. Can you download and install this version please: 

http://upload.extragroup.de/IterationBuilds/Bockschus2021/installer/zip/interiorcad2021-F3-E-MacOS.zip

http://upload.extragroup.de/IterationBuilds/Bockschus2021/installer/zip/interiorcad2021-F3-E-Win.zip)

Let me know how you get on!

8 hours ago, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

If it's a cabinet object, parts are named automatically. Like you said: side, stretcher etc. 

is there any way to define new names for this? so that "side left-1" would i.e. always be named "SL1"?

Greetings and thank you

Timo

• 5 months later...

Good morning, 

any news about the topic above? 

As for a similar question, I'm trying to customize unit groups, changing names (description) and description to make it easier for me to use it, but no change seems to do anything, it goes back to how it was

for example if I change the name of "Side" in "Laterali" it goes back to his original name.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you,

Martina 

On 6/3/2021 at 1:49 PM, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

Not currently. 

Good morning, 

any news about the topic above? 

As for a similar question, I'm trying to customize unit groups, changing names (description) and description to make it easier for me to use it, but no change seems to do anything, it goes back to how it was

for example if I change the name of "Side" in "Laterali" it goes back to his original name.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you,

Martina