wall join problem

cherie

we are now having problems with the program on our other emac. the wall join tool has quit working. when trying to join 2 walls in a T or a corner, both wall will highlight but the small line that shows up when joining walls does not show up and the walls do not join. things i've done to this computer yesterday to try to clear up the problem:

-ran disk utility

-ran disk doctor

-reinstalled osX.2 (archive & install): tried to upgrade to osX.4 but going through install process and at the point that you click the button to install, nothing happened.

-ran dragster

-reinstalled vw architect 10.0 and upgraded to 10.1

-ran disk utility again.

my next option may be a full clean install of osX.2. any idea what is going on here?

Can you select the walls individually?

The dashed line that shows up when joining walls will only show up when the objects are modifiable.

Having a class option set to anything other than show snap modify others, or being on a different layer than the layer the walls reside on can cause the problem as well. Also layer options and layer views can play a role in this.

yes. i still have that drawing in a separate file. i do not want to create the rcp in my original drawing until the problem is worked out since i lost information on the plan after that (f.y.i.-the rcp is a problem on my computer, the wall join was on our other computer).