Hanging Fixture on a Vertical Truss

Hay everyone,

i have some issues with placing fixture on a vertical truss, and it's something new because i did not had that problem before.

When i came to a vertical truss from a front view withe a lighting fixture and place it on the truss' the truss was painted purple and than all i needed to do is make the second click for the alignment. 

now all i get is the red line like i am on a horizontal truss and the fixture is hang inside the truss.

i hope someone can help me to get to the right setting.

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 12.14.58.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 12.15.40.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 12.15.57.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Another method is to set a working plane at the orientation you want the base of the light to insert.

It can be a bit fiddly to get the hang of adjusting the angle of the working plane, but it will enable you to insert multiple lights without needing to adjust the Y rotation after insertion

personally my preferred workflow is to snap the plane to the top of one of the truss chords in an isometric view and then adjust the orientation (click on the plane itself for the rotation handles) using the appropriate red handle while holding the shift key to make it easier to the plane correctly orientated

• Like 1