3Dconnexion SpaceMouse - Reversed Axes, Roll Left/Right

Mark Aceto

Question

After learning subdivision modeling, I immediately bought a SpaceMouse Enterprise. BTW the subdivision gum ball needs to be an option in all object selection modes (like Rhino, Cinema R24, etc). I can't believe that funntionality has existed in VW for years without existing everywhere in VW.

I finally figured out how rotate an object in 3D using Target Camera Mode. However... 

1. Compared to the demo 3DC Trainer app, all axes are reversed in VW: up is down, left is right, pushing in is pulling out... 
  2. From what I understand, VW doesn't support rolling left/right. Please tell me that's not the case anymore because that's the whole point of "6 degrees of freedom"
  3. Also, I guess there's no hope of tool icons for Mac users because 3DC just hasn't been able to solve that feat of engineering in the past 4+ years
Edited by Mark Aceto

I'm proposing that 3DC developers are added to the VW beta program, so they can get a head start on fixing their Mac and Windows drivers in advance of each VW release, with the hope that all of their doodads work for VW users (both Windows and Mac) on release day in September.

Please upvote the original post (not this comment) with the chevron in the top left corner if you have a 3DC doodad that would benefit from that. Thanks in advance.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Lunar Waneshaft said:

I'm proposing that 3DC developers are added to the VW beta program, so they can get a head start on fixing their Mac and Windows drivers in advance of each VW release, with the hope that all of their doodads work for VW users (both Windows and Mac) on release day in September.

Please upvote the original post (not this comment) with the chevron in the top left corner if you have a 3DC doodad that would benefit from that. Thanks in advance.

I should not have assumed this wasn't already happening. 3DC really need to step up their game for Mac VW users.