Class management

Hello, 

Scenario : 

I have objects A and objects B placed in a class X.

I have layouts U in which class X is activated and layouts V in which class X is not activated. 

I realize now that it would be better to have objects A placed in class X and objects B placed in a new class Y. 

I want my new class Y to be activated in layouts U but unactivated in layouts V (like it was the case for class X). 

What I do

When I create the new class Y, I told it to be unactivated in each layout. I then manually activate it in each layout where class X was also activated. 

My question : 

Is there a more clever way to do it ? The idea would be to tell class Y to be active on layouts where class X is active. 

There is nothing baked-in that I am aware of. However, do you know about the Class Visiblities button in the Organisation Dialog? This will give you an overview of class Visibilities in Viewports and a whole lot more besides. This will help you manage this kind of either/or scenario.....

2133312737_Screenshot2021-05-27at10_31_34.thumb.png.f6b16843714f83bb69fdbda51d21d38c.png

• Like 1
20 hours ago, markdd said:

There is nothing baked-in that I am aware of. However, do you know about the Class Visiblities button in the Organisation Dialog? This will give you an overview of class Visibilities in Viewports and a whole lot more besides. This will help you manage this kind of either/or scenario.....

I will have a look at it... Thank you for the tip !