Locating Symbols in the Resource Manager

willofmaine

Question

I wish it wasn't necessary to scroll down to "Locate Symbol in Resource Manager" when right-clicking on a symbol that's too close (which isn't very close) to the bottom of the drawing area (because the pop-up context menu doesn't simply shift up to be entirely visible).  VWIS066 (2016)

I wish it wasn't often (or always?) necessary to right-click on a symbol and select "Locate Symbol in Resource Manager" TWICE before it's actually highlighted in the Resource Manager.  And currently I'm trying out the "dark mode" thing, and finding that the highlighting, once activated, is barely visible anyway (but maybe there's a setting for that that I'm not aware of).  Either way, really wish it wasn't necessary to have to always go through the symbol locating process twice.  VWIS180

4 answers to this question

Hmm... I have my RM just floating on a separate, small monitor, always visible...

Also, speaking of the RM, thumbnails seem wonky.  Often after editing a resource, its thumbnail either disappears (blank white) or changes to some scale that's not especially meaningful.  Textures sometimes seem to be represented just by a black-to-gray gradient.

• Like 1

Hmm not sure then. I haven't been able to nail down why it happens inconsistently.

1 hour ago, willofmaine said:

Also, speaking of the RM, thumbnails seem wonky.  Often after editing a resource, its thumbnail either disappears (blank white) or changes to some scale that's not especially meaningful.  Textures sometimes seem to be represented just by a black-to-gray gradient.

The texture thumbnail bug occurs when editing a Texture while inside of a Symbol. It's existed since VW 2020; crossing my fingers that it gets fixed for 2022.

@Gunther This is related to my VB-172583 and your VB-175705, the latter of which you filed when the first VB fix didn't address the issue.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
19 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

Hmm not sure then. I haven't been able to nail down why it happens inconsistently.

The texture thumbnail bug occurs when editing a Texture while inside of a Symbol. It's existed since VW 2020; crossing my fingers that it gets fixed for 2022.

@Gunther This is related to my VB-172583 and your VB-175705, the latter of which you filed when the first VB fix didn't address the issue.

Still no movement on my bug either and I'm finding others too.

VB-165016 Texture Previews/Thumbnails Fail in 2020 When Texture is Created or Edited Inside a Symbol
VB-168501 KLS: Edit texture fails In edit symbol mode

I haven't checked in 2022 yet.