Exhausted

I'm not here for the clicks or the commiseration, just saying how I feel after re-engaging with VWX as the primary tool in my toolbox.

I have not needed VWX for months -simple: no work.

Now I need VWX -simple: got work.

All I have wanted and needed to do is create easy-to-read documentation in 3D for a site installation of a temporary performing space, audience space, food court, reception, etc.

It seems as though VWX has thrown obstacles in my way daily. So many random objects losing Z randomly. So many random issues such the one which has just occurred: popping out of annotation space, back to the sheet layer, only to watch my palettes disappear.

Forget the time wasted on why. And now I have to re-build those Palette Positions, another ten minutes of fiddly nonsense.

So many VWX lockups where the beachball of death shows up, causing at the least, an app restart, often first a reboot. That right there is fifteen minutes of my life and my clients time and money being thrown out the window. Change your Graphics: done, no diff. Copy file bit bit tedious bit onto new blank file. Same problems. Spinny beachball - no reason shown, just spinning and spinning.

Every VWX session ends in anger or deep frustration.

Every VWX session begins in fear.

No way to work.

Was handed a nice scaled pencil drawing to integrate into the VWX. That drawing took the TD 30 or so minutes to execute with pencil.

Took me far far longer, due to VWX hiccups — that's not right (I'm all cool, using the softgoods tool and the stairs tool and the stage deck tool, right? cool, but not stable. It's actually embarrassing.

I'm not winning and neither are my clients.

I just want to get my work done.

NB: the attached screenshot shows the current open VWX window, not a palette in sight, yet every palette is designated active.

Just now; clicking the window menu choice and saw that I could have struck the keystrokes to hide enabled palettes. But no-woops: we can see in the screenshot that hide activated palettes is NOT activated. So yay. Now I have wasted another fifteen minutes finding - nothing. Time to reboot.

Again.

152377984_ScreenShot2021-05-25at1_36_47PM.thumb.png.dc5e941af087440b8b35cb01dd5042d4.png

Edited by mjm
Added screenshot & explanatory text
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2