Clip Cube settings

Ride

Question

Are there settings for the clip cube somewhere? I feel like I'm doing something wrong. It seems to have no memory of the last settings. It would be nice if, when going to a sheet layer and then going back to the design layer that the clip cube would retain the bounding box size. Every time I move away from the design layer I have to reset the clip cube again. 

What's the trick?

VW 2020 SP6, architect, interiorCAD

Macbook Pro, mid-2015

Edited by Ride
  • Like 1

8 answers to this question

I do. But my saved view is a top/plan view, and it doesn't save the clip cube bounding box. That is only saved if I'm saving a 3D view. Maybe this is by design? If I go to my top/plan saved view, and then changed to a 3D view, I have to reset the clip cube box all over again. It doesn't stay activated. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Ride said:

It would be nice if, when going to a sheet layer and then going back to the design layer that the clip cube would retain the bounding box size. Every time I move away from the design layer I have to reset the clip cube again. 

Thinking about this more, something doesn't sound right. When going to a Sheet Layer then back to the Design Layer, the Clip Cube should remain in tact. Unless you're navigating with Saved Views, in which case the Saved View that is taking you back to your Design Layer is turning off the Clip Cube since it wasn't on as part of that Saved View.

If you were to navigate with the Layers dropdown, or the Layer tab of the Navigation palette, the Clip Cube shouldn't get turned off.

3 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

Also, on the fly, holding down Ctrl (yes even on Mac) while turning on the Clip Cube (either with menu item or Quick Pref button) will restore the most recent Clip Cube.

Ok, I'll try that.