Tool Palettes Gone Crazy

[Mad] I too have the "tool palettes won't align, but take-up too much room" problem. It you use two monitors the object info palette expands to fill 1 1/2 monitors width, refuses to be resized. If docked it pushes the whole drawing off screen, if undocked covers most of both monitor areas.

Any suggestions anyone?

This should have been fixed in Alpha NOT after two revision releases. I waited for TWO revision cycles intentionally because I remember how AWFUL version 9 was until - 4 revision cycles later - 9.5.2. I guess Nemetschek has learned nothing from that process, and still puts out software for the users to beta test. Perhaps I'll just return it before I lose time/money like I did with VW 9.

I've used this product since MiniCAD+4, I've seen the quality plummet. Utility has increased, but not to match price which has tripled since then. The program which used to be 1/10 the cost of AutoCAD is now 1/3 the cost of AutoCAD. I still like it much better, but these really basic frustrations do make me doubt my choices. What does anyone know about ArchiCAD?

[ 04-02-2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: bobdobbs ]

If you turn palette docking off, can you resize the palette?

Do you only have the resize problem while dual monitors are enabled?

Have you tried to disable the second or secondary monitor/video to see if it's a dual monitor issue?

Turning pallette docking off helps get the info palette out of "enormous mode" but when pallete docking is turned on, getting them to not "stack" one palette per row or column deep is next to impossible. This is not confined to dual monitor setups, it happens one one monitor stations too. This just sucks having my palettes take up all this screen real estate.

The later problem discussed is a known issue.

You can get them to stack on top of each other within one column or row, but it's difficult to get it and to get the right palettes in the correct rows.

The engineers are working on this issue for a future version.