"ASD" truss corner only 2 way ?

Hello 

I'm working with french ASD truss builder, and I only can put my 2d corner in two way ... 

in your video there is a cross to choose witch is the corner direction  https://university.vectorworks.net/mod/scorm/player.php?scoid=10&cm=5&currentorg=articulate_rise

But that cross is missing with ASD sc300 ...image.thumb.png.8f112089f8efe8b2b4a6c26786645dae.png

Is it a problem with the asd symbol, or Am-I missing something ?

Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It should be possible to connect it in all 4 possible orientations, sometimes you need to change your point of view slightly (using the flyover tool or one of the view short cuts)  to get the other possible directions.

We are currently working to upgrade how auto connect works to address this issue, it is on our Development road map as 'Refactoring of Truss Engine'.

Hello thanks for answer me :)

36 minutes ago, jcogdell said:

It should be possible to connect it in all 4 possible orientations

Yes it SHOULD be , but I really think there is a problem with ASD symbole, I test different truss section, there is no problem with eurotruss or prolyte, but only 2 direction avalable with asd sc300 orsc390 ...

May you sould test it , or may I've to send an email to the support ? ;)

43 minutes ago, jcogdell said:

We are currently working to upgrade how auto connect works to address this issue, it is on our Development road map as 'Refactoring of Truss Engine'.

2022 release ? :)

thanks 

Currently truss corners can only rotate if there is a cross section on the truss.  ASD has not provided us with cross section data therefore all of their truss is set to rigid.  Truss that is set to rigid will only allow corners to connect in two directions.  This is the reason that Eurotruss and Prolyte function properly, they have a cross section with structural data applied to them.

15 minutes ago, JustinVH said:

ASD has not provided us with cross section data therefore all of their truss is set to rigid.

Ok thanks 

No way to change that? Here is a tips in the manuel to modify truss but I can't find the path for "Customize Truss Symbol Data" I think I've to "pimp" my menu , but were is the "Customize Truss Symbol Data" command ?

image.thumb.png.04726c92bb0db39514d99d680664d5a9.png

And Finally there is a cross in asd symbol, may the good classe wasn't turned o n before ;)

image.thumb.png.71742e1f936e05d57b73f826f8f14d88.png

The way to access the "Customize Truss Symbol Data" button is to insert a piece of truss and then right click on the inserted symbol on the design layer.  This will bring up the menu where you can select the customize button.

22 minutes ago, JustinVH said:

The way to access the "Customize Truss Symbol Data" button is to insert a piece of truss and then right click on the inserted symbol on the design layer.  This will bring up the menu where you can select the customize button.

Ok time to take a shower there is popo in my eyes :) I right click on it maybe 10 times and never seen the command ... :)

So that works if I change the cross section on the straight truss and the corner to h30V (these truss are "connectable" in real life)

So I've to record that modifying truss element to re-use it ?

Thanks
(I'm sorry I'm a vectorworks user since april 21so, all the philosophy isn't clear at this time :) )

Edited by Ben59
add a word

I am going to also tag @jcogdell as well as he may be able to confirm better but if you are using an existing cross section like the H30V and save the symbols to your user folder you should be able to keep the symbols with that cross section for future drawings.  Every time we at Vectorworks release new content all content gets overwritten with the new code so you need to save it so that you can access so changes don't mess up your custom setup.  As mentioned, @jcogdell may know the best workflow so that is why I am mentioning him.

Your best option is to save your customised truss symbols into a user or workgroup library folder. They will then be available for future projects through the resource manager

This will prevent them from being overwritten when ever a new service pack update is released.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...