Landscape Area - Display Components

I'm using landscape areas for forestry on a current model... all of which have been sent to surface and use the same landscape area style.

The landscape area style is set to display as a texture bed and with 3D components. 

1802933336_Screenshot2021-05-19at16_21_01.thumb.png.f6080544bb109805d6cd264e23ec5b04.png

801926218_Screenshot2021-05-19at16_20_52.thumb.png.864a1632ee0c7c21739afe070350ca6c.png

However, I'm getting a weird result - it works fine in some places, in others it appears as a texture bed with no height, and in others it appears not to be on the surface!

Am I missing something obvious? I created all the shapes from polygons at the same time, selecting all and converting to landscape area, and applying the landscape area style, so I'm not sure why there are discrepancies!!

Model.thumb.jpg.2dedbcfea749b2c5add6bbb0f20ffb12.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 8:47 AM, lisagravy said:

I just wanted to update to say I managed to fix this! 

I went through each landscape area in turn, and renamed the landscape areas to a distinct name. It was slow... but I could actually see the landscape areas 'fix' or move to surface, as I moved around the model! It's weird as most of them did already have distinct names, but possibly resetting them just got rid of the glitch.

Thanks for posting this Lisa. 

I'm working on areas of similar size and have been looking for an approach. 

(see other thread) 

I'm interested to know how you set this up.. so were you starting with polygons, converting them to landscape areas and then are you applying a Vectorworks texture to that?