CTP_ Multiplug 16a / export rack elevation

Ben3B

Hello .

I'm working on rack elevation 

I'd like to add multiplug at the back of my rack with CTP_ method, but I cant find the schuko connector (cee7/16) in the liste 

Can you say me how do you call it ?

image.thumb.png.841c6936e8852463cd7d8bfb2768ccd1.png

Also, is a way to export the rack and re-use it in other document ?

Edited by Ben59
  • Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Ben59,

You should be able to create your own symbol named "con_Schuko" in the "Panel Connectors" folder and then place this symbol in the Equipment Item's layout group. Then, this symbol should work as the other connectors that you have in the equipment item.

1 hour ago, Ben59 said:

Also, is a wau to export the rack anrd re-use it in other document ?

- You can either copy and paste the equipment item from one document to another or you can create a symbol from it with the option "Convert to plugin object" selected and then drag and drop the symbol on your drawing to insert the saved equipment item.

Let me know if you need more information.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hello thanks one more time ;)

If I copy paste the 3d rack frome one file to another, the 2d rack and schematic view aren't paste, So i have to copy and past the 2d rack elevation , and assign it to the 3d view  ... May i' miss something, but it is not very fluid ...

And what I've I to do for the schematic view ?

If I create a symbol, I've the "same" problems" the 2d rack elevation and schematic view aren't inserted.
 i tried to make a symbole from the 2d rack elevation , but it seems to doesn't work ...

Edited by Ben59
atch file mkv to mp4
1 hour ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

You should be able to create your own symbol named "con_Schuko" in the "Panel Connectors" folder and then place this symbol in the Equipment Item's layout group. Then, this symbol should work as the other connectors that you have in the equipment item.

Can you explain how I do it ?

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
48 minutes ago, Ben59 said:

Can you explain how I do it ?

Thanks

Okay my bad. I thought that you want to save your equipment item, not your 3D Equipment Rack. My statement from above is about the Equipment Item object. On the other hand, the equipment rack 2D and 3D objects are pretty complex objects composed of multiple equipment items or rack frames mounted in them. That is why the simple copy and paste and symbol creation do not work for the 3D rack.

The workflow that you have found with copy and pasting all of the components of the 2D and 3D rack is the way to go here.

4 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

I'll be happy with more explanation ...

I'm sorry, but connectcad isn't explained as vectorworks ;) I've a vss access and watch the video, but there is not much about Connectcad ...