Worksheet ImageByDatavisualization function

Marc Davies

Question

Hi, we are having problems with constant geometry refresh issues when using this function. It seems to work to begin with but the refresh update loops take longer and longer until the file is unusable. I wonder if we applying the function incorrectly?

=ImageByDataVisualization(criteria,datavis name)

I am confused by the "Criteria" requirement which is surely inherent in the dataVis set up? So I have been simply using the datavis name without any criteria. It seems to return the correct matching colours but is this throwing a curve to the calculations by not using criteria?

Edited by Marc Davies
spelling

1 answer to this question

Follow up.

It appears there is a geometry redraw bug around this otherwise very useful function along the following lines:

IF (DataVis is turned ON in the DataVis coloured menu box) AND (matching “ImageByDataVis” function is in cell header) THEN geometry recalculates (Green redraw  bar) and update the worksheet colours - which it does after a short while.

However,

IF(DataVis is turned OFF in the DataVis coloured menu box) AND (“ImageByDataVis” function is called in cell header) THEN it gets in a geometry redraw loop as it cannot refer to the deselected DataVis.

Net result constant redraw loop and non-functioning Vectorworks 2021.