Layer Colours

shorter

Question

Great for comparing your data with your consultants, but I really wish the layer colour would stick when referencing.

Current behaviour means I reference SE data to my data, and set layer colour to see mine in blue, theirs in red.

Update reference and I have to set layer colour all over again, and again.

Preferred behaviour would be for layer colour to work like class override, and be independent of the source data, and to have a 'update layer colour' option like 'update class definitions'.

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey @shorter -- have you tried using Data Visualization? I used to use Design Layer Colors as you mentioned but found Data Viz to be quite powerful, including how I distinguish consultant's geometry in my drawing. 

Within the data visualization tool palette select Function>Layers and apply colors to the desired referenced layers. There's the option to grey everything else or not. The beauty is you can toggle on or off or have multiple data visualizations set up. See examples below for a referenced IFC file:

by story (design layer)

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 10.52.31 AM.png

by element (classes)

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 10.54.31 AM.png

• Like 1