Stagedeck Text Options in Different Views/Viewport

Hello. I'm having issues finding a way to show stagedeck height apart from Top/Plan view. As soon as I change for Top view the Text Options parameters disappear.

See pictures below.

My end goal is to have Text Options (stagedeck height) parameters to be visible with Top view (and also in Viewport). Is there a way to go about this?

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 15.29.41.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 15.29.30.png

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone following this thread...

Adding a setting to echo the 2D text block in 3D within the PIO, itself, is quite doable.  For decks and plugs, the text block would simply "follow" the 2D location but would be at the "deck top" height:

Deck3DText.jpg

My question:  if this capability were to be included for the steps and ramp tool, would you want the text block to be at the height of the top step or ramp top?  At floor level?  Aligned (raked) with the angle of the steps or ramp?  Something else?

• Like 1

I like the "+30" because that's the only text field I'll add vs Dimensioning. That said, I only use it in Plan view.

I would think ramps and steps don't need labeling in 3D because the slope indicates direction up/down, and the heights at top/bottom are already labeled, so it would just create visual clutter.

Then again:

image.thumb.gif.d4811d052678d199669bccf4ad1980e2.gif

4 hours ago, Mark Aceto said:

I like the "+30" because that's the only text field I'll add vs Dimensioning. That said, I only use it in Plan view.

I would think ramps and steps don't need labeling in 3D because the slope indicates direction up/down, and the heights at top/bottom are already labeled, so it would just create visual clutter.

Look at all of the potential text items that could be displayed - beyond arrows and their labels.  While I, personally, might not use them in 3D, I can definitely see others' valuing that.

• 5 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Totally different question on ramps. If I were to create a report to send to your favorite ramp vendor, which would be the bare minimum to share when ordering a ramp?

Height? length? Height & Length? Height & Slope? Do I need to spec the width?
Remember, this will likely be with a vendor which whom you've worked with before.
I need more than "send me six 4x8's with 2' legs and one matching ramp."