Strange circles and lines outside the drawing

Hi all.

New to software and this issue keeps reappearing. All around my drawing (if I zoom out quite substantially) I see circles and lines overlapping each other. I cannot choose/select them even with settings being on 'Show/snap others'. This happens to all of my drawings eventually. Anyone has a clue what is it?

See picture attached. That dark object in the middle is my actual drawing.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 13.34.31.png

Set both Layer Option and Class Options to Show/Snap/Modify others. That should let you select the circles and delete them.

Or right click on one of them and choose Force Select from the menu. That will change the layer and classes to make the object selectable. Once you have those settings it is likely that all of them should be selectable.

On 5/18/2021 at 6:11 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Set both Layer Option and Class Options to Show/Snap/Modify others. That should let you select the circles and delete them.

Or right click on one of them and choose Force Select from the menu. That will change the layer and classes to make the object selectable. Once you have those settings it is likely that all of them should be selectable.

Thanks Pat. I've tried this before, unfortunately no success...

I have however find out what triggers them. As soon as I use 'Clip Surface' function, they appear (4 circles and 4 lines). This however happens only in a Template that I have created for myself following the book. On a regular template these circles and lines do not appear anymore.

What could it be?

I have tried the template once again and it didn't create those circles. I have used 'Clip Surface' command.

I have attached the file, apparently those circles only existed on 'Stagedecks' Layer, but I remember it was on another layers as well. If you can shed some light on possible cause of this, would be amazing.

Edit: I realised those shapes apprear when I use 'Rectangle' tool or Circle tool etc. They just pop right around the object.

Circles .vwx

Edited by TomLav
Extra info

Opening this file.. obviously I can't comment on why this happened in the first place, and why the various circles and lines cant be "force selected" and why the scale of the circles is so large etc..  lots of idiosyncratic behaviors here..

This should be addressed by staff.

The affected class is "paradiso".. this was by process of elimination..

There is a line type in the file that includes the circles.. (Line Type 2). The giant circles are part of the line type..

If this line type is deleted, the problem graphics go away..

When doing the delete.. you'll be prompted to either delete completely, or choose another line type to substitute for the deleted one..

I chose to substitute a simple solid line (Type 1).. file seemed to display normally from my limited sense of what it should look like..

Seems like the display of the circles was caused by the use of this line type..

Edited by dtheory
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, dtheory said:

Opening this file.. obviously I can't comment on why this happened in the first place, and why the various circles and lines cant be "force selected" and why the scale of the circles is so large etc..  lots of idiosyncratic behaviors here..

This should be addressed by staff.

The affected class is "paradiso".. this was by process of elimination..

There is a line type in the file that includes the circles.. (Line Type 2). The giant circles are part of the line type..

If this line type is deleted, the problem graphics go away..

When doing the delete.. you'll be prompted to either delete completely, or choose another line type to substitute for the deleted one..

I chose to substitute a simple solid line (Type 1).. file seemed to display normally from my limited sense of what it should look like..

Seems like the display of the circles was caused by the use of this line type..

Thanks a lot for looking into it. This does make sense to me. I think I have made a lot of mistakes whilst creating the template, that was a couple of weeks into the study book... I remember getting into Line Types and perhaps clicking the wrong buttons.

Appreciate your help!