Convert VW10 files to VW10.1

From my own experience and from reading all these posts, I have a very simple question.

Is there a way to convert a file created in VW10 to function as though it were created in VW10.1?

I am running VW10.1 with VW10 and VW9 uninstalled. I am operating on Windows XL Pro. I am not experiencing any slowdown problems, but there are things I cannot do in drawings created with VW10 that I can do in a new file with VW10.1. I uninstalled 9 and 10 to see if that would change things but it didn't.

Katie,

If I try to plug in a set of stairs in color into an existing drawing I have problems. 1 - they will not show in color eventhough the attributes show in color. 2 - The pen weights are much heavier than they show in class or in attributes. Solid lines go from 3 to 9 or 12, and dotted lines go to solid.

If I do exactly the same thing in a new file, the stairs appear as they should. Right color and right line weight.

Same class attributes.

Same class active.

Same class options.

Same set of stairs.

Same layer scale.

In the "existing" drawing I can not get color to show no matter what. It may be something very simple that I am doing wrong. I am still fairly new at this and need all the help I can get.

As an aside; with VW10.1, I am now finding all those windows and doors that disappeared before. I had forgotten how many attempts I had made. Now, whenever I open a drawing I hadn't used since installing vw10.1 I find windows. This is not, I repeat, not a complaint. Iam just happy to have the problem behind me, but it is comical to see a series of doors in the middle of a kitchen

Thanks